Wednesday, January 14, 2009

LIS-568: My first week

This was the first week of Computer Application in the School Library. I have taken online courses before as an undergraduate, but this completely dwarfed them in terms of the technology utilitzed! I was successfully able to complete it all, but got confused when the podcast kept on popping up as the one from last semester. I kept on hitting subscribe and update until I realized I had the incorrect URL.
It took me a while to realize what delicious was all about, and then I promptly deleted all my personal links that I had imported in and just left the library related ones. It is convient though, since when I logged into the computer in the library, I just had to go to the delicious website and was able to access the class wiki without having to note the URL. It seems a bit much to check other peoples bookmarks, since I have enough keeping track of my own, but I will see if I find this tool helpful.
It is frustrating having to log on to everyone's profile to copy the delicious URL to add to the Google reader and having to note down who did not enter theirs yet and then having to go back and check them again. There probably is an easier way to do it, but I have not figured it out yet. It was, though, interesting reading the profiles.
All in all, I think I signed up, logged in, downloaded and posted whatever needed to be done this week-and I got started on researching the assistive technology newsletter!

1 comment: